Hello All: Although carrots are available throughout the year, the freshly picked carrots that come in our farm share basket are totally different from the ones we find at the grocery wrapped in plastic. Sweet and crispy, they are a delicious snack on their own. They create a light base of flavor and texture for these moist Carrot Cake Muffins. Try them for breakfast tomorrow!
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
Yield: 24 Muffins
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 24 cupcake liners
- muffin tins, for 24 muffin
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with non-stick cupcake liners.
- Place softened butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Mix just enough to combine with the wet ingredients. Add the orange juice.. Mix to combine. Add the grated carrots and raisins. Mix again, just enough to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool. Eat warm or at room temperature.
- Store uneaten muffins in an airtight container until ready to use.