Hello All: Birds are singing. I gaze at the freshly mowed lawn and breath in its aromas. Through the woods, I hear neighbor children’s voices. A few minutes earlier, for lunch we eat this Market Morning Salad, filled with fresh greens, crispy radishes, sprouts and newly clipped herbs. Its tastes linger on my tongue, telling me summer is truly here. I feel light and happy.
This salad is perfect for the season.
I look forward to seeing you in my kitchen, gathering flavors, soon.
MARKET MORNING SALAD
Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 cups assorted greens, such as bib lettuce, radish greens, dandelion greens, romaine lettuce or spinach
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, mint or oregano
- 4 radishes
- ½ cup fresh sprouts
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the greens and herbs, then dry thoroughly using a salad spinner or clean towels. Tear into bite-sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Trim the radishes and slice them thinly. Add to the greens. Add the sprouts and toss everything together.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar. Toss.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Toss again.
- Serve and enjoy.